It’s time to wrap up this first sewing project in Baby Lock’s Sewlebrity Love of Sewing Challenge. During my last video, I promised you a special memento—a bonus embroidery, which is free to download below—and add as the finishing touch to this tote. Watch and enjoy the video, then get stitching! Follow The Journey; Create Your Destiny!
Inside Story on the Hobo Tote Project
Whether going on a weekend outing or taking a quilting class, this tote has room! I used the Trace ‘n Create Hobo Tote Template Set to create this travel-sized tote. For a complete listing of supplies, check my Introducing Baby Lock’s Sewlebrity Love of Sewing Challenge blog posting.
To catch up on my first three posts featuring this project, click on the links to follow the entire process:
- Introduction to the project: Find out all the details and the supplies used to create this roomy hobo tote.
- Embroidery tips: You’ll learn how to use many of the amazing features on the Baby Lock Destiny II.
- Tote-making tips: It’s easy once you know how!
Here are a few highlights on finishing this tote. Remember that the complete tote assembly instructions are included in the Trace ‘n Create Hobo Tote Template set.
- Cut out the lining, after embroidering the label. Watch the video [above] to get all the details. Remember, to download my free embroidery design.
- Mark the magnetic snap placement on the lining pieces. Designer Tip: Cut two 1″ x 2″ rectangles of Shape ‘n Create (use scraps leftover from adding reinforcement to the outer bag bottom) and stitch to the wrong side of the lining as pictured. The plastic stabilizer will keep the snaps secure in the fabric.
- Stitch the lining pieces together.
- Align right sides of the tote and lining.
- Stitch around the top of the tote. Do not stitch curves.
- Add binding to the inner curves. Designer Tip: I didn’t use the heavier décor fabric for the binding, rather a matching cotton fabric.
- Behind the scenes of recording the Sewlebrity Love of Sewing Challenge. Say hi to one of our great camera operators, Willie!
Summary of Nancy Zieman’s week one of the Sewlebrity Love of Sewing Challenge
- January 2: Introduction to the Baby Lock Sewlebrity Love of Sewing Challenge
- January 4: Amazing details on how to size, duplicate, and position embroidery
- January 7: Tips on constructing the Hobo Tote Bag
- January 10, Today!: Special memento feature, including a free downloadable embroidery
Check out the Sewlebrity Love of Sewing Challenge website.
This wraps up my project for The 2017 Baby Lock Sewlebrity Love of Sewing Challenge, but there’s much more ahead! In fact, there are 11 more weeks of exciting sewing, quilting, and embroidery adventures. Check out the Baby Lock Sewlebrity Love of Sewing Challenge website for all the details including Pam Damour and her project—up next!
Thanks for joining me!
Bye for now,
Content in this feed is © copyright 2017 by Nancy Zieman and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website.
The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman has provided products by other companies in the course of her business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.
Make sure you are subscribed to my enews mailing list so you won’t miss a thing. Sign up here. Join us on Facebook, plus a host of other social media channels. Connect With Nancy today!