Summer is here and the pool is calling! Make a beach towel wrap easily with this tutorial from friend and Sewing With Nancy guest Mary Mulari. This wrap is one of 14 in Mary Mulari’s book, All Occasion Fabric Wraps. Today, Mary shares her step-by-step construction process. Watch the sewing demonstration on Sewing With Nancy.
Beach Towel Wrap
By Mary Mulari, guest blogger and friend of Sewing With Nancy
- 1 Beach Towel
- Fold the towel in half lengthwise.
- Fold again, to create a second fold in the fabric.
- Mark the foldline on each side of the fabric with pins, as illustrated.
- Download the neck opening pattern here.
- The pin-marked foldline will align with the shoulder line on the traced pattern.
- Place and pin the pattern on the center front fold of the wrap body, aligning the shoulder line marking with the fold mark.
- Trace the pattern and extend the line down to the bottom of the fabric, 1″ away from the fold.
- Cut out the neck opening, cutting from the bottom up and around the curved neck opening.
- Zigzag stitch or serge along the cut edge.
- Use a large needle to tuck serger thread tails into the serger stitching.
- Turn the prepared edge to the wrong side, 1/2″. Press.
- Topstitch a neat edge finish.
This quick wrap is ready for the beach or pool!
See this wrap and 13 more in the All Occasion Fabric Wraps book, which includes detailed step-by-step instructions and illustrations for 14 easy to sew fabric wraps!
Watch All Occasion Fabric Wraps on Sewing With Nancy online.
For a chance to win a copy of the All Occasion Fabric Wraps book from Mary Mulari, leave a comment below telling us who you’ll be sewing beach towel wraps for this summer.
Thank you, Mary, for sharing this tutorial! For more summer fun, watch as we turn a beach towel into a hooded bath towel for babies or toddlers and learn how to sew a noodle lounger! Read more here and watch online.
Bye for now,