You’re invited to participate in our Christmas Stocking Sewing Challenge. Use one of the free sewing patterns below and sew a Christmas stocking for yourself, a family member, or as a gift. Then, enter our Christmas Stocking Sewing Challenge. It’s easy!
From elegant to whimsical, Christmas stockings are a great way to add a pop of holiday cheer to any room. Plus, they can readily be sewn in a few hours of enjoyable sewing time.
Sew a Christmas stocking using as much creativity as you’d like, and email a photo of your completed stocking to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1.
Christmas Stocking Sewing Challenge Guidelines
- Select your pattern from one of the stocking projects on Pellon’s website or Baby Lock’s website. Search for Christmas Stocking and choose your pattern. (You’ll find two patterns at Pellon’s site and a list of five patterns at Baby Lock’s site.)
- All sewing, quilting, serging, machine embroidery, and embellishment techniques are eligible!
- Email your photo by December 1, 2014, to email@example.com.
- December 2nd’s blog posting will include photos of all the stocking entries. Then, vote for your favorite Christmas stocking between December 2–8.
- Winners will be announced Tuesday, December 9.
Here’s a listing of the prizes that will be awarded to the top five vote contenders:
Baby Lock Creative 6-Foot Kit, $99 value from Baby Lock.
A Bundle of Products from Pellon, $75 value
Bordeaux Scissors from Clover, $54.00 value
A Fat Quarter Fabric Bundle from Riley Blake Designs
Thank you to our sponsors!
2014 Christmas Stocking Sewing Challenge Schedule
- November 4–30: Sew a Christmas Stocking. Limit—three entries per person.
- December 1 or before: Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 2: The blog posting will include photos of all the stocking entries. Vote for your favorite Christmas stocking between December 2–8. Let your friends know that you’re a contestant!
- December 9: Check our blog for the list of winners.
Share your comments below about the Christmas Stocking Sewing Challenge and let us know if you plan to join!