Behind the Scenes of Sewing With Nancy
Recently on Sewing With Nancy, I interviewed Karen Klemp and Jane Krogstad from Hope 2 Others. Karen and her husband Rick founded Hope 2 Others—a non-profit organization with a focus on birthing, new-born resuscitation projects, and survival kits to prevent hypothermia for moms and their babies in Eastern Africa. They’ve also collected and shipped sewing machines and sewing supplies for a program, at a shelter in Tanzania, for individuals rescued from human trafficking. The program teaches men and woman to sew and start their own tailoring businesses. The heartwarming interview with Karen and Jane will air later this fall.
What is Hope 2 Others?
Karen, Rick, Jane, and their volunteers, are dedicated to renewing hope of a better life to remote, impoverished, and under-served communities around the world. Karen and Rick have been doing missions since 2002. Hope 2 Others was founded in 2009. They strive to:
- Bring hope, health, and help by facilitating volunteer mission teams
- Coordinate and promote medical and education exchange programs to equip, empower, and increase the level of expertise of indigenous and medical professionals
- Improve the health and education of developing communities and countries
- Promote, facilitate, educate, and provide access to good hygiene, clean water, good health care practices, and education
- Build and construct medical clinics, schools, and multipurpose community centers in remote and under-served communities that lack these much-needed services
Here’s how you can help:
1. Make or purchase a 36–40 inch square baby blanket, afghan, or quilt.
2. Deliver baby blankets, afghans, or quilts to the Hope 2 Others booth, in the front lobby, at Quilt Expo, Sept. 7–9.
3. Not attending Quilt Expo this fall? Ship your blankets, afghans, and quilts to arrive by Sept. 1, 2017, to:
Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC.
211 Corporate Dr, Ste D
Beaver Dam WI 53916
Thank you to Karen, Rick, and the wonderful volunteers at the Hope 2 Others organization. Their efforts have touched my heart. I hope that you, too, will be inspired to help mothers and babies in need through Hope 2 Others, or in your local communities.
Bye for now,
Content in this feed is © copyright 2017 by Nancy Zieman and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website.
The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman has provided products by other companies in the course of her business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.
Make sure you are subscribed to my enews mailing list so you won’t miss a thing. Sign up here. Join us on Facebook, plus a host of other social media channels. Connect With Nancy today!