For sewing enthusiasts, fall is so much more than a lovely season with great weather and gorgeous foliage. Fall is the start of the holiday-gift-sewing-season! It is never to early to dive into the Christmas gifts and décor projects. Jump start your holiday sewing with this exciting poinsettia embroidery pack by Amazing Designs. The embroidery bundle includes 26 designs for 4″ x 4″ hoops and 14 designs for 5″ x 7″ hoops. Making festive holiday décor and gifts is easy with Creative Quilting Outlines…Charming Poinsettias.
Adding color to your embroidery design couldn’t be easier with the appliqué options in this design bundle.
- Align the fabric and selected design in the hoop.
- Back fabric with your favorite stabilizer.
- Stitch the outline shape.
- Trim away any excess fabric beyond the stitching line.
- Finish the edges with the beautifully digitized embroidery stitches.
The detail and depth achieved by layering fabric, thread, and embroidery outlines makes these appliqué accents shine.
Perfect Machine Quilting In-The-Hoop
- Layer the quilt: backing, batting, and quilt top.
- Use spray adhesive to secure the layers.
- Align the area to be quilted in the hoop, matching horizontal and vertical register marks.
- Select the outline, or should I say quilt design, and stitch.
I enjoy mixing and matching embroidery motifs to create more interest within the project. This pack has plenty to choose from and allows me the freedom to select whatever I like, knowing it will already coordinate with the many other designs.
Potpourri of Holiday Projects
With designs for different sized hoops, we have options as to how big or small we’d like to stitch. The hoop will give you control over the larger sized projects, making quilts quite easily.
This table runner features the embroidery designs on a 6-1/2″ center or focus block, which then gets a border (3-1/2″ on each side) and is set on point. The blocks are not complicated and you’ll be able to create them in any size.
If you are new to machine embroidery, you may want to watch Sewing With Nancy for more machine embroidery tips and ideas.
Embroidery Lessons on Sewing With Nancy
On what type of holiday gift item are you most likely to add embroidery? Leave your answers in the comments section to be entered to win Creative Quilting Outlines…Charming Poinsettias. A winner will be randomly selected.
Bye for now,