Combine in-the-hoop machine quilting with coordinating embroidery designs to your next fall-themed quilting project. I’m happy to introduce this exciting fall-themed embroidery pack by Amazing Designs. The embroidery bundle includes 26 designs for 4″ x 4″ hoops and 14 designs for 5″ x 7″ hoops. The possibilities for Creative Quilting Outlines…Pumpkins with Style are endless.
Adding color to your embroidery design couldn’t be easier with the five appliqué options in this design bundle.
- Align the fabric and selected design in the hoop.
- Back fabric with your favorite stabilizer.
- Stitch the outline shape.
- Trim away any excess fabric beyond the stitching line.
- Finish the edges with the beautifully digitized embroidery stitches.
- Layer the quilt: backing, batting, and quilt top.
- Use spray adhesive to secure the layers.
- Align the area to be quilted in the hoop, matching horizontal and vertical register marks.
- Select the outline, or should I say quilt design, and stitch.
I rarely just stitch one embroidery design on a project. Rather, I like two or three of the same motif for the design. This set allows me to mix and match many autumn motifs to create an interesting finished design.
With designs for different sized hoops, we have options as to how big or small we’d like to stitch. The hoop will give you control over the larger sized projects, making quilts quite easily.
You can even dress up the entire table this holiday season with a table runner and placemats.
This table runner features the embroidery designs on a 6-1/2″ center or focus block, which then gets a border (3-1/2″ on each side) and is set on point. The blocks are not complicated and you’ll be able to create them in any size.
If you are new to machine embroidery, you may want to watch Sewing With Nancy for more machine embroidery tips and ideas.
Embroidery Lessons on Sewing With Nancy
On what type of stitched item are you most likely to add embroidery? Leave your answers in the comments section to be entered to win Creative Quilt Outlines…Pumpkins with Style. A winner will be randomly selected.
The random winner of the CD Stress-Free Machine Embroidery: Diamond Spectrum Quilt is Shirley Clark. She said: Quilting would have to be the most stressful. I don’t have a machine that uses a stitch regulator and hand stippling is really hard, so using the embroidery machine is my best option. Thanks for the tutorial!
Bye for now,