I’m happy to announce that we’ve partnered with PBS to bring you Sewing With Nancy on the PBS app for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch! The app is free; all you need is an Internet connection/Wi-Fi to watch the latest episodes. The videos have been specially built for the iPad screen; we hope you think they look terrific.
The initial setup process is a little wonky—it requires you to “localize” the app to Wisconsin Public Television, where I record the show. We’re working with PBS to make this better, but for now here’s how to get my show on your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch anywhere in the U.S.:
- After you’ve installed the app, click “select station” in the upper left corner.
- Select “Find by Zip” and enter 54481. (This may not be your zip code, but please use it for now!)
- Select “Over the Air” and then click the Wisconsin Public Television logo.
- In the left column menu, choose the “Programs” icon (third down) and scroll down to Sewing With Nancy.
- You’re all set!
- After you’ve installed the app, click “More” in the bottom right corner and then the “Settings” tab at the top.
- Click “Select New Station.” In the upper left corner you’ll see a link titled “Location.” Click that.
- Click the “Find By Zip” link and enter 54481. (This may not be your zip code, but please use it for now!)
- Scroll to the bottom to select “Over the Air” and then click WPT 38.
- You’re all set! In the bottom menu, choose “Programs” and scroll down to Sewing With Nancy.
You always have the option to remove the WPT localization, or choose your local PBS station.
Please give it a whirl and let me know what you think!
Or watch Sewing With Nancy online.
Bye for now,