You are invited to participate in my 2015 Pillow Sewing Challenge. Brainstorm, browse, design, plan, and stitch your favorite pillow. Enter my Pillow Sewing Challenge by adding a photo in the link listed below. It’s easy!
This is a small project designed for you to showcase your sewing talents. Entries may be for any occasion, any color or any size (that fits on a sofa or comparable household furniture). The guidelines are wide open for you to create. Sew a pillow using as much imagination as you like. You may enter up to four different pillows. Pillows must be completed within the last year.
For this challenge, use a link tool. Click the “add link” button (below) to enter your pillows directly to the gallery. (Once button is clicked–it may appear as a workable link). If you aren’t able to upload, no problem; simply email a photo of your completed project to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for photo entries is March 3, 2015.
Pillow Sewing Challenge Guidelines
- Select or create your design.
- All sewing, quilting, serging, machine embroidery, and embellishment techniques are eligible!
- Grab our Pillow Sewing Challenge blog badge to let your friends know about this fun Pillow Sewing Challenge.
- Remember to share your progress and projects on your social media sites using the hashtag: #NZPillowChallenge
- Upload or email your photo(s) by March 3, 2015, to email@example.com.
- Online voting begins March 7, 2015.
- Voting closes on March 14, 2015.
- Winners will be announced March 17, 2015.
Go Social with Your Pillow Sewing Challenge
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.nancyzieman.com/blog/sewing-2/2015-pillow-challenge/ " title="Nancy Zieman Pillow Sewing Challenge" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.nancyzieman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Nancy_Zieman_Pillow_Challenge.jpeg" alt="Nancy Zieman Pillow Sewing Challenge" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
If you have a website, copy the code above and paste it into your website editor to have the Pillow Sewing Challenge badge on your site.
If you are on social sites like Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, or Facebook, let all your friends know you are working on the Pillow Sewing challenge by tagging your post with the hashtag: #NZPillowChallenge.
The hashtag is a searchable “word” associated with an event or activity, which, when searched on popular social websites, like Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, and Facebook, shows every single post using that hashtag. Even if you don’t personally know that stitcher, you’ll see her/his progress and a photo. Hashtags are a fun way to network and connect with people who share similar interests.
Inspiration: Traditional Cathedral Window Block
Inspiration: Computer Pixels
Look no further than your computer for the next pillow inspiration; Kati Spencer shares her Pixel Pillow on the Pellon Projects site. She uses bold graphic squares, which are reminiscent of the dotted-look that images have online.
Inspiration: Fabric Magic
Here’s a listing of the prizes that will be awarded to the top five vote contenders:
- First Place: A Bundle of Products from Pellon, $115 value!
- Second Place: Madeira Aerofil 18 count thread pack, $60 value from Madeira. Plus a Pellon Pillow Insert!
- Third Place: The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew Book & DVD from Nancy’s Notions, value of $34.98. Plus a Pellon Pillow Insert!
- Fourth Place: Fabric Bundle from Riley Blake Designs, $25 Value. Plus a Pellon Pillow Insert!
- Fifth Place: Hobo Tote Template from Clover, $19.95 value. Plus a Pellon Pillow Insert!
- Each Pillow Sewing Challenge prize winner (above) will receive a Pellon® HomeGoods Decorative Pillow Insert, 16″ x 16″. Value $10.99
Thank you to our sponsors!
2015 Pillow Sewing Challenge Schedule
- February 3: Pillow Sewing Challenge kick off TODAY!
- March 3: Entry Deadline
- March 7: Voting Opens
- March 14: Voting Closes
- March 17: Winners Announced
Share your comments below about the Pillow Sewing Challenge and let us know if you plan to join!
Email challenge questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Challenge not open to sponsors, employees, and immediate family members. Photos and techniques may be featured in future promotions, blog posts, videos, and/or TV shows.
Nancy Zieman—author, pattern designer, businesswoman, producer, and national sewing authority—is the host of the popular show Sewing With Nancy®, which appears exclusively on public television stations across the United States and Canada. Follow Nancy’s blog at NancyZieman.com/blog and sign up to receive Nancy’s E-News for the latest news in Sewing, Quilting, Creating, and Block of the Month updates.
Content in this feed is © copyright 2015 by Nancy Zieman and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website.