I’m a teacher, not in the traditional sense, but one that teaches on TV, You Tube, and at sewing/quilting events. I truly enjoy the personal events, but I can’t possibly fill all the requests. Trying to fill that void, my staff and I decided to present live, online seminars, called webcasts. Our first webcast this year will be held Saturday, April 26th. The topic: My Favorite Handbag Sewing Techniques.
What’s the difference between Sewing With Nancy and a webcast?
Last week, you might have read the blog that introduced Nancy Zieman Live. A question was asked (I’m paraphrasing), “Why would I sign up for an online seminar when I can watch Sewing With Nancy online?” That great question caused me to write this blog.
Beam me up Scottie
Last year four of my live webcasts were beamed to several sewing and quilting events. My favorite part was the interaction. Questions were emailed to me and I answered. The give and take was engaging! One of the participants asked to see the studio, which resulted in a camera operator recording a “360” of the studio and showing the control room. The interaction was my favorite part. Plus, if a webcast viewer didn’t understand a technique, I did it again.
Like an in-person seminar, the 90-minute webcast on April 26 will be live without editing or mulligans (i.e. “take 2”)—just me teaching you.
By the way, the webcast isn’t beamed. It all happens through an internet connection. But, I think you knew that! (Test your viewing ability by clicking here. This test link is a live webcast from the nest of a bald eagle! It may take time to load, but if you can see the eagle and nest, you’ll be able to watch Nancy Zieman Live.)
Learn the latest in techniques
As I’m writing this, my staff in the sewing lab is making samples for My Favorite Handbag Sewing Techniques Webcast. All of the new techniques will be available to participants as a downloadable handout. You’ll have these instructions to refer to immediately. Plus, I’ll share my tried and true quick bag-making methods. Some of the techniques I’ll demonstrate include:
- New strap making techniques gleaned from ready-made bags.
- Turning ordinary fabric into laminated fabric.
- Introducing new fabrics that are ideal for bag making!
- Getting the inside scoop—It’s what’s inside that counts! Updated tips on how to construct a bag, and what to add to the inside of your bag to make it look like a wow bag!
One Price–Two Time Options—Register Today!
The 90 minute webcast on April 26th is $29.95. The fee includes:
- A link to watch one of the two Nancy Zieman Live webcasts. (Link to the webcast will be sent on April 25.)
- The ability to have your question answered during the webcast.
- A link to specials offered by Nancy’s Notions.
- A free Nancy’s Bag Making Tips Sheet downloadable document.
Direct from Beaver Dam, WI to your home!
Two Time Options
There are two webcast time options for the 90 minute webcast to accommodate North American Time Zones. Both webcasts cover the same topics. Since they’re both live, each will be personalized by the questions or, hmm, my whims! We’ll be broadcasting live from the Central Time Zone. Register for option one or option two, whichever best fits your schedule.
April 26: Times/time zone for Webcast Option One:
- 11:00 AM—12:30 PM (Eastern Time)
- 10:00 AM—11:30 AM (Central Time)
- 9:00 AM—10:30 AM (Mountain Time)
- 8:00 AM—9:30 AM (Pacific Time)
- 7:00 AM—8:30 AM (Alaska Daylight Time)
- 5:00 AM—7:30 AM (Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time)
April 26: Times/time zone for Webcast Option Two:
- 2:00 PM—3:30 AM (Eastern Time)
- 1:00 PM—2:30 PM (Central Time)
- 12:00 PM—1:30 PM (Mountain Time)
- 11:00 AM—12:30 PM (Pacific Time)
- 10:00 AM—11:30 AM (Alaska Daylight Time)
- 8:00 AM—9:30 AM (Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time)
Registration Has Ended
Thank you to our sponsors
Bye for now,
Nancy Zieman—author, pattern designer, businesswomen, producer, and national sewing authority—is the host of the popular show Sewing With Nancy®, which appears exclusively on public television stations across the United States and Canada. Follow Nancy’s Blog at NancyZieman.com/Blog and sign up to receive Nancy’s E-News for the latest news in Sewing, Quilting, & Creating.
Content in this feed is © copyright 2014 by Nancy Zieman and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website.