Create small works of fiber art! We’ve all doodled, sketching with short pencil strokes or shapes in the margins of notes or homework. In part one of the all-new Sewing With Nancy program, Doodle Stitching, I show how to translate those sketched doodles onto fabric with your sewing machine stitches. The sewing is fast, and the end result very gratifying.
In Doodle Stitching Part One, I begin by doodling with a zigzag stitch. Queen Ann’s Lace flowers can easily be sketched with a condensed zigzag stitch and a little sewing savvy. You’ll be impressed how using what’s commonly known as a bartack stitch can turn into an artistic design.
Sketch ‘n Stitch
Odds and ends of silk cut into squares and stitched to fabric showcase my next doodle project in Doodle Stitching Part One. Learn to use a single motif of a decorative stitch that’s already programmed into your sewing machine as part of the doodling process. Like the pencil and paper sketching, each Sketch ‘n Stitch project will be it’s own, unique work of art.
Playful Decorative Stitching
Odds are, most of us who sew or quilt rarely use the decorative stitches built in or programmed into our machines. These artistic stitches are just waiting to be tested and featured in an upcoming project. Nonchalantly testing out a variety of stitches on fabric without care of direction is our next doodle stitching experiment. Not only can you create an interesting art piece, you’ll see what magical stitches your machine has in store in Doodle Stitching Part One,
The Book: Doodle Stitching
- I’ll guide you through my fun techniques for painting with thread and scraps of fabric. Don’t worry about perfection—these techniques are made to give you beautiful results, whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned sewist.
- My signature style of stress-free techniques and easy projects inspires and empowers. Plus, I’ll show you how to translate pencil-sketched doodles onto fabric with your sewing machine.
Doodle Stitching Book
- Full color photographs and illustrations
- Step-by-step instructions
- Double-wire binding so that pages lay flat when open—no more struggling to keep your page from turning or bending; plus it’s easier to keep your book right next to you as you work
- Soft cover, 40 page book by Nancy Zieman, Sewing With Nancy
Watch Doodle Stitching Part One on Sewing With Nancy online.
Bye for now,
Content in this feed is © copyright 2016 by Nancy Zieman and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website.
The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman has provided products by other companies in the course of her business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.