Believe it or not, all of us can be textile artists—one step at a time—with Tammie Bowser’s stitched art techniques. You may not have considered yourself an artist, but with Tammie’s help and demonstration, that notion will change! Tammie is an award-winning, international quilter, and my recent guest on Sewing With Nancy—How to Sew Art part one.
Often the first reaction to Tammie’s stitched art is, “That looks too difficult to make—I could never do that!” In the How to Sew Art TV show, book, and DVD, Tammie shares how starting with a great photo, choosing 9–12 fabrics, and then following her steps, you too can make fabric art projects that you’ll be proud to show.
In Sewing With Nancy–How to Sew Art part one, you’ll learn:
- Tips for choosing a great photo
- How to make a pattern from the Stitch A Sketch Art Quilt Software or Quilted Photo Deluxe 2.0 Art Quilt Software, and how to download a free trial at Tammie’s web site, howtosewart.com.
- How to print and tile the pattern pieces
- How to create a fusible foundation for an art quilt with parchment paper, Pellon Wonder-Web Fusible and 505 Spray and Fix Adhesive
- How to choose 9–12 batik fabrics
In How to Sew Art Part One, Tammie also shares her techniques for preparing the pattern for cutting fabrics.
Watch How to Sew Art (Part One and Part Two) on Sewing With Nancy online.
Meet Tammie and me at Quilt Expo in Madison, Wisconsin—September 8–10, 2016!
Bye for now,