On September 8–10 thousands of quilting enthusiasts will gather in Madison, WI, to find inspiration, share new techniques, stock up on supplies, and celebrate the joy of quilting. Now in its twelfth year, Quilt Expo continues to be the Midwest’s premier quilting destination. I invite you to join me at this year’s event!
It’s a Big Deal!
Here’s a sampling of the highlights of this year’s Quilt Expo. With over 200 educational lectures, sit & sew workshops, and hands-on workshops, there’s something for everyone. Plus you’ll find hundreds of quilts on display.
Vote for your favorite quilt for Viewer’s Choice
- 2015 Quilt Expo Best of Show—Red Feathers by Marilyn Badger (Saint George, UT) and Claudia Clark Myers (Duluth, MN)
Stroll through hundreds of Special Exhibit Quilts
Shop in the 85,000-square-foot vendor mall
Attend Lectures from nationally known celebrity presenters
- Choose from over 120 One Hour Lectures. You’ll find quilting techniques and styles for all levels.
- In Ann Wanke’s Lecture, you’ll learn how to organize your fabric stash to make amazing quilts.
Attend a Sit & Sew Workshop
- You’ll find a variety of offerings when you go to the Quilt Expo website. Sign up soon, as these workshops quickly fill.
- Jane Godshall will teach Introduction to Foundationless Piecing—perfect for those of us who want to sew accurate points and seams without sewing through paper.
- Kick off your Quilt Expo week—a day early—when you join Susan Hoffmann for her all-day Landscape Painting With Fabric Workshop.
Attend Stage Presentations
- The stage presentations are included with your admission ticket. View the 2016 Advance Registration Guide online.
- Our Kids’ Quilt Challenge, which is held on the stage, is a Saturday morning favorite.
Sign-up for an Evening Event
- Thursday night, September 8, join Meg Cox as she Celebrates Quilters with serious quilting (and partying) skills!
What do murder mysteries and quilting have in common? Join Melissa Bourbon on Friday night, September 9, for a fun and entertaining evening.
Participate in the Quilt to Give community service project
- Our goal is to make and collect 25 twin-sized quilts. Enchanted Makeovers and DAIS (Domestic Abuse Intervention Services) will be the recipients of the quilts.
- Click here to download instructions to sew an easy quilt. Consider making a quilt in advance and then donating it at Quilt Expo.
Get in Step!
Just like quilting, becoming heart healthy comes together one piece at a time. Join UW Health/Go Red for Women and pick up a free pedometer in the front lobby, to keep track of your steps while promoting healthy living.
Plus Quilt Appraisals, Commemorative T-Shirts and Tote Bags, A Raffle at the Wisconsin Public Television Booth, and More!
If you’re interested in covering Quilt Expo happenings, register using the Media Form.
Get a sneak peek into Quilt Expo! Watch A Modern Quilting Bee on Sewing With Nancy online.
To watch Sewing With Nancy on your iPad, iPod Touch, or iPhone, download the app.
See you at Quilt Expo!