A little black scarf and a little black dress, now that’s a dynamic duo. Can’t you just see the two together?
I was inspired to make this scarf after returning from my trip to Japan. The scarf that I really wanted to purchase was $400, but I settled for a $30 version with unique texture.
I knew that Clover had a tool that could make an equally enchanting flower. Choosing the same fabric for the background and flowers resulted in what I think is the perfect Date Night Scarf!
Date Night Scarf Sewing Tips
- Cut a 13″ wide crosswise strip of 60″ fabric .
- Finish the edges: Serging option—set the machine for a rolled edge stitch and serge off 1/2″. Sewing option—turn under 1/2″ and topstitch.
- Select Clover’s Flower Frill Template #8460—the small size. Follow the instructions in the package to create the flowers. We cut and hand stitched ten (10) shapes per flower. It’s an easy process.
- Stitch the petal shapes together. Again, the template instructions give all the details.
- Pin the flowers to the lower edges of the scarf.
- Hand stitch flowers from the back of the scarf.
Sew-A-Scarf Week ideas—so far:
More scarf ideas in Sensational Scarves!
Bye for now,
Content in this feed is © copyright 2012 by Nancy Zieman and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website.