The detailed sewing instructions for this infinity scarf (cowl version) are found in the book, Sensational Scarves; a simple rectangle of fabric is all that’s needed.
Twist & Shout Scarf Sewing Tips
- The Twist & Shout name is just the handle I gave this scarf since the unique knit with rows and rows of ruffles gives dimension and life to the basic scarf design. The fabric choice is certainly the focal point of the scarf.
- In order to sew the seams without a million pins, simply machine baste down the sides prior to seaming.
- In the video or instructions, I give you the dimensions for the scarf. There are only two basic seams. First—the long edges are seamed together, leaving a 4″–6″ opening near one end.
- A nip marking along the fold is needed at each short end.
- Half of the scarf tube is turned right side out. You can see how it twists.
- The second seam sews the scarf ends together.
- After turning the scarf right side out through the opening, you’ll find that there’s an infinity shape!
- Hand stitch the opening closed. Presto—a terrific scarf! If it looks this good on the stairs, image how stunning it will look on you!
Find 13 more inspirational scarf ideas in Sensational Scarves.
Bye for now,