With two coordinating fabric prints and a little serging savvy, you’re on your way to creating functional as well as festive napkins. Give a set as a gift, or make a set for your holiday entertaining. It’s a fun, easy project.
Here’s a preview of the process.
- Cut 16″ circles for dinner napkins or 10″ circles for dessert napkins. Place wrong sides together. Use the Yardstick Compass to draw accurate circles.
- Serge edges with a 3-thread narrow overlock stitch.
- Creatively fold the napkins. Fold top of napkin to back about 1/3 of the way down. Fold one edge 1/3 to front. Fold remaining edge to back.
Watch the video to see detailed instructions on how to make and fold the napkins!
Thanks for sharing which handbags were your favorites from Handbags 2—Designer Knockoffs. Included with this 80-page book is a CD of 28 embroidered designs.The two random winners of autographed copies are:
1. Delores, The red one is my first choice- zingy color, graceful curves, repeated in the tan accents. Tasty embroidery. All these projects tempt me to take the plunge into this type of bag construction! Thank you for your beautiful collaboration.
2. Marsha Nelson, It was hard to decide but I think I like the orange bag and I would make the orange clutch right after that. Thanks.
Bye for now,