The circle—it’s a simple often elegant design. Yet, trying to stitch a perfect circle can be challenging! I’d like to show you how to create an elegant evening bag for the holidays, using a satin or decorative stitch. The intertwining circles are effortless to stitch. To create the bag I used a winning combination: the Circular Sewing Attachment and my Baby Lock Sewing Machine.
- Fabric: fusible interfacing added to wrong side
- No-Show Fusible Mesh
- Circular Sewing Attachment (available at your Baby Lock Dealer)
Cut Out Bag
- Use the template to trace the shape of the bag on the fused fabric; cut out fabric.
- Also, trace the bag shape on tissue paper. This sheet will be used to design the position of the circles. Mark the seam allowances and bag gusset on the tissue paper, giving you a true picture of the area available for the circle placements.
- Use the circle-marker template, which is included in the packaging, to trace and determine the position and sizes of the circle. This template is solely a designing feature.
- Attach the Circle Maker Attachment to your machine.
Note from Nancy—This attachment is designed exclusively for a Baby Lock machine. If you own a different brand, check with your dealer to see if they have a comparable attachment.
- Test attachment on a sample fabric that has been backed with fusible interfacing. Test circle sizes, decorative stitches, and thread colors.
Stitch the circles
To see exactly how to stitch, watch this short video!
I hope you’ve enjoyed learning how to create perfect circles using Baby Lock’s Circular Sewing Attachment. I’m sure you can think of other projects ideal for this unique embellishment.
Bye for now,