Have a holly jolly Christmas with Santa’s Jingle Belly Quilt from Dodi Poulsen’s book, A Perfect Cut. Dodi’s book is full of fun quilting projects featuring the Trace ’n Create Quilt Templates. Sure, I designed the templates for Clover, but Dodi developed nine projects that I’m sure you’ll enjoy.
The super-sized Dresden Template makes perfect patchwork trees
The traditional Dresden wedge is 4″–8″ in length. I designed the Trace ’n Create Quilt Template—Dresden Collection template that creates traditional to super-sized Dresden Blocks. There are a total of six block sizes 12″–40″. That’s one large block!
Overview of the Santa’s Jingle Belly Quilt:
- Trace, then cut twelve 20″ Dresden Wedges for the Christmas Trees
- Trace, then cut twelve 20″ Dresden Wedges for the backgrounds of the Christmas Tree blocks.
- Generally, you’d chain stitch along the top of the wedges to create the Dresden design–but there’ll be none of that for this project! Dodi’s unique design has you cutting the background wedges in half.
- Assemble twelve Christmas Tree blocks.
Santa’s Jingle Belly
- Following the dimensions in the book cut assorted rectangles for Santa’s Jingle Belly.
- Assemble nine Santa’s Jingle Belly blocks.
- Join Santa’s Jingle Belly blocks and Christmas Tree blocks.
The other details are found in A Perfect Cut! Thanks Dodi for your creative thinking!
More Quilt Projects using the Dresden Templates
Check out my Dresden Tree Skirt Blog Posting and learn how to make this speedy Christmas Tree Skirt.
Watch Sewing With Nancy Online
Bye for now,