Ever wonder where your local quilt or fabric shop learns of new products, fabrics, or trends? It’s likely that they attended the Quilt Market. Last week, the bi-annual event was held in Kansas City, MO. Hosted by Quilts, Inc., it’s a 4-day flurry of classes, demonstrations, meetings, social events, and order writing. It takes me a week to recover!
The day before the vendor mall opens, most retailers register for School House Classes. From 10:00 in the morning to 6:00 in the evening, 30-minute classes are offered with 5 minute breaks between the sessions. I think of it as “information overload,” but I never miss it. Dodi, from Two Sisters at Squirrel Hollow was the presenter at one of the classes that I attended.
My presentation was entitled 10 Top Creative Bag Sewing Tips. (You can find the same information that I presented at my blog.)
The Vendor Mall
Demonstrations abound! At the Clover Booth, I demonstrated the Trace ’n Create Templates—E-Tablet and Paper Tablet Keepers.
I also featured theTrace ’n Create Bag Templates in new fabric from Riley Blake and updated techniques. To learn how to add new touches to the Trace ’n Create Bags, check out the new Clover Blog postings.
- Donna from Indygo Junction “wears” her pattern on her back! A new type of billboard advertising!
- Do you recognize Amy Barickman, a frequent guest on Sewing With Nancy?
- Fabric vendors showcase their lastest fabrics and patterns.
- Quilting celebrities, including The First Lady of Quilting– Eleanor Burns, are always available for a photo op.
- Book signings are always a great way to interact with retailers.
- We’re a social group! The Tweet Board was hopping with news.
- Early morning, 8 a.m., is a great time for an editor’s review. Before the vendor mall opened, Clover sponsored a breakfast for magazine and e-commerce sites to introduce new products.
In the near future I’ll share the new tips and products that I learned about at Quilt Market, on TV and on my blog. Stay tuned!
Thanks for participating in Sew Mama Sew’s Giveaway Day by responding to my blog on Monday. I appreciate your comments regarding what you’d like to see next season on Sewing With Nancy. The random winner is Stacy, with the Great Giveaway! I could use a tablet holder! I would love to see more ways to use a serger on the show! Thanks so much!
Watch Sewing With Nancy online.
Bye for now,