Gadgets—we all love them. But oh, how to keep them organized! Now you can create a gadget bag, plus add personalization. This quilted, embroidered, and monogrammed bag—ideal to store your camera—is made all in the hoop. Here’s how!
The Gadget Bag is one of the easy-to-embroider projects in the Designer Handbags Embroidery CD Collection. Eileen Roche and I developed this CD, which includes embroideries that are both functional and decorative at the same time! I think of it as “Smart Embroidery.” (Take a look at my previous blog on Top 10 Creative Designer Bag Tips—#9 Smart Embroidery.)
Watch the video to see how easily you can stitch-in-the-hoop!
Stitch-in-the-Hoop Gadget Bag Tutorial:
- Place Pellon® Peltex® in a Snap-Hoop and stitch outline shapes directly onto the Peltex. Cut out Peltex shapes. (This is the “smart” part of the embroidery.)
- Hoop inner fabric and stitch inner flap outline for placement.
- Position the Peltex flap shape to fabric underside with double-sided basting tape. (Pretty cool!)
- Stitch inner flap “quilting” stitches and snap placement. Add one side of the magnetic snap at placement stitching. (See, another “smart” embroidery—there’s no guesswork on the snap placement!)
- Next, hoop the outer flap fabric and fleece. Then embroider “quilting” stitches.
- Position rick rack trim with glue stick. Then, stitch in place—it’s all part of the embroidery! Select monogram embroidery, position, then stitch.
- Align inner flap edges to outer flap—right sides together. Tape down inner flap and stitch.
- Trim seam allowances and turn right sides out.
- This same process is used to create the outer and inner bags. The embroideries are functional and attractive.
- It’s all done in the hoop! The instructions and accompanying video will give you all the details.
- The gadget bags are great fun to create. Just sit back and watch the machine stitch!
- Designer Handbags also includes embroideries for handbag tabs, strap connectors, and shaped corners.
Bye for now,