Transform knit tops into machine embroidered designer looks! Eileen Roche and I are back sharing our NEW design collection, Necklines to Hemlines T-Shirt Remakes. Embroidery machine designs are the key to adding embellishment and also the neckline transformation. It’s rather marvelous how it all happens.
You may have seen our first t-shirt transformation collection on Sewing With Nancy, featuring Simple to Chic T-Shirt Remakes. Your enthusiasm to this idea prompted us to create more designs with additional features
Embroidery Designs Create The Transformation
The magic combo of functionality and creativity take the guesswork out of these T-shirt remakes. Use a 5″ x 7″ embroidery hoop—the most common hoop size—to stitch the magic. Here’s a summary of the process:
- Hoop a water-soluble adhesive stabilizer, cloth type in a 5″ x 7″ hoop. Score the paper of the stabilizer within the hooped area with the tip of a pin or seam ripper. Remove the paper covering.
- Set-up the machine with the embroidery unit. Import the neckline design of your choice.
- Stitch color 1 directly onto the stabilizer. This is the functional part of the embroidery, a placement guide.
- Place the knit top side seam along the stitched placement line.
- Stitch color 2, the tack-down; this temporary stitching will be removed when the embroidery is complete.
- Stitch the final color, which is the stitching for the side seam opening—the transformation!
- Remove hoop from machine and release the garment from the hoop. Trim away the excess water-soluble stabilizer.
- Cut the knit top, between the center stitched lines, as shown.
- Trim the interfacing even with the ribbing. (Watch the online video to watch us demonstrate this unique finish, using another embroidery collection.)
- Press the interfacing from the wrong side.
Do You Have a Favorite?
Chic Sleeve Remakes
Our transformed shirts have a surprise, a tasteful repeat of the neckline design at the sleeve hem. Here’s how to add thread accents to your sleeve.
- Open the sleeve along the seam.
- Stitch color 1 of the sleeve embroidery directly onto the stabilizer. Featured is the placement guide for the right sleeve—notice the “R” stitched on the stabilizer. (There are two sleeve embroideries—one for the left sleeve and the other for the right sleeve.)
- Open the side seam of the sleeve and position the center of the sleeve with the center marking stitched on the stabilizer.
- Stitch color 2, the tack-down stitch.
- Stitch the embroidery design.
- Repeat the process for the left sleeve. Then, remove the tack-down stitching and restitch the side seams. Ta-dah!
Our new design bundle also includes accent motifs to use along the knit top back (or front) neckline. We have really thought of it all!
Watch us demonstrate our T-shirt makeover techniques on Sewing With Nancy, featuring other t-shirt transformation collections.
For more ideas, watch Simple to Chic T-Shirt Remakes on Sewing With Nancy online.
Create Exciting Necklines to Hemlines T-Shirt Remakes with this Unique Embroidery Collection
Necklines to Hemlines T-Shirt Remakes package contains:
- Specially digitized designs make it simple to change the shape of the shirt’s neckline and add classy motifs all in the same hooping—no sewing skills required!
- Embellish sleeves with coordinating designs.
- Transform and relax a tight hemline with side seam embroidery.
- Add coordinating border designs to the hemline.
- Bonus Back Bling designs add a special unique touch.
Necklines to Hemlines I is a multi-format CD with 3 collections to transform necklines, sleeves, side seams, and hemlines. All three necklines require one hooping in the 6” x 10” hoop or two hoopings in the 5” x 7” hoop. All three side seam designs require one hooping in the 6” x 10” hoop or two hoopings in the 5” x 7” hoop. All five sleeves come in right and left versions and require just one hooping in the 5” x 7” hoop. Both border designs require two 5” x 7” hoopings. Both back bling designs require one 5” x 7” hooping.
Designs in Machine Embroidery (DIME) is giving away a copy of the CD, which includes a printable PDF instruction book. Nancy’s Notions is giving away a Neckline to Hemlines T-Shirt Remakes DVD. To enter the giveaway, leave a comment below telling us which of these designs is your favorite.
Her comment was, “Red and white is my favorite, but when I’m working on a Quilts of Valor quilt, I include blue and love doing unique shapes to help honor those who have so honorably served us.”
Bye for now,
Content in this feed is © copyright 2017 by Nancy Zieman and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website.
The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman has provided products by other companies in the course of her business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.
Make sure you are subscribed to my enews mailing list so you won’t miss a thing. Sign up here. Join us on Facebook, plus a host of other social media channels. Connect With Nancy today!